Backpacking Clothes - Backpacking List - Backpacking Foods - Backpacking Dinner
Budget Backpacking - Solo Backpacking - Student Travel - Backpacking Tips
Backpacking Essentials: A Quick Start Guide to Backpacking Light for Beginners
Picture yourself going backpacking in the Great Smokey Mountains. Got it? What would that look like? Do you imagine yourself with a 100-pound pack on your back? Stooped over under the weight? Exhausted after less than a mile of hiking? That would be WRONG! Backpacking is intended to be fun. This book shows even beginners how to make that happen!
Backpacking Essentials is written to teach beginners how to enter the hiking experience in a way that is safe and fun. You'll have all you need packed neatly into a small backpack that doesn't rob you of the job of the journey. It isn't automatic. You need someone who understands and who is capable of teaching and coaching you along the way. That's whereBackpacking Essentials author Paul Greene enters the picture. He gives simple step-by-step tips to turn beginners into veteran backpackers.
In Backpacking Essentials, you will learn:
Obviously, you are going to learn a lot. Don't be intimidated. The author makes everything very simple. He even gives some specific information for those hoping to backpack in the incredibly vast regions of Alaska, the beautiful Yosemite National Park in California, and the rich mountains and lakes of Montana. Clearly, this book is the voice of experience. By the time you finish reading, you will be well prepared for that first amazing exploit into the wilderness.
- The essential things needed to pack light for your backpacking adventure
- What to take along to deal with minor first aid or safety issues
- The two types of navigation and the navigational aids to take along
- How to select the clothing and boots for this expedition
- What to take along for starting and fire and providing needed light
- How to keep your skin clean and protect it against the elements
- How to have plenty of water (remember, you are backpacking light!)
- What lightweight and nutritious food to keep in your pack
- How to choose and load your backpack
- The benefits and best size of backpacking stick
Act NOW! Scroll up and click the 'buy' button at the top of this page! That's when the fun starts. Immediately start readingBackpacking Essentials: A Quick Start Guide to Backpacking Light for Beginners today
Biochemistry Of Foods
Since the first edition of Biochemistry of Foods was published there have been a number of introductory texts in Food Chemistry/Biochemistry. This book is unique in that it approaches the subject in far more detail and from the "in vivo" perspective. In response to user comments, the second edition has added additional chapters, expanded its coverage, and incorporated major breakthroughs in food science knowledge, such as ethylene biosynthesis and non-enzymatic browning. No other test provides the reader with state-of-the-art information in this area in a concise, integrated form.
* Expanded coverage and more recent findings incorporated in response to user comments
* Incorporates latest research results in concise integrated form
* Incorporates major breakthroughs in food science knowledge: ethylene biosynthesis, non-enzymatic browning and cleaning enzymes for better use
Geckos Backpackers Articles
Geckos Backpackers Books